5 Ways to Get Inexpensive Makeup
There are ways that you can get great makeup for a lot less money. Here’s some of the ways I’ve done it:
- Go to the drug store! You’ll find plenty of inexpensive makeup there. Try: Cover Girl, Prestige, Loreal, Revlon, and anything else you can find. These stores are also great for skin care and other beauty products. Some brands, like Max Factor, can only be found in some department stores, like Target and Walmart.
- Hit other stores for clearance. You’d be amazed at what stores sell makeup. Try Claire’s for inexpensive makeup. Look out for their promotions. They often have “buy one, get one free” or “buy one, get one half off” on their makeup line. You can save a lot of money when you buy Hot Topic clearance makeup. I’ve just recently bought eye primer and eyeliner in their clearance for $1 each.
- Try eBay. I’ve found some really great cosmetics prices on this auction website. You can find stuff that you’ve never seen elsewhere before, like Elite Pro Cosmetics, or you can get otherwise expensive makeup at a highly reduced price. People are selling MAC Cosmetics there all the time, and sometimes in big bundles.
- Hold a makeup party. Whether it’s Avon or Mary Kay, if you hold a makeup party, you usually get a really great host bonus. The more your party friends buy, the bigger your discount will be. You’ll also usually get a lot of free samples for throwing the party. All you need to do is find a local representative for one of these brands.
- Trade makeup with a friend. Do you have something in your makeup and beauty arsenal that doesn’t work for you? You might want to trade with a friend who’s better suited. This way, you get rid of stuff you’ll never use, and you get new beauty items in return. That’s why it’s always a good idea to have at least one makeup buddy. You could even trade with beauty nuts you’ve met online!
With the right tricks and a little know-how, you can save a lot of money on your makeup and beauty products.
How do you save money on makeup? How much do you spend every month on beauty products?