What is Your Nighttime Skincare Routine?
What products do you use on your skin at night? Regular bar soap? Fancy department store cleanser?
There are so many options for cleaning and moisturizing your face. I bet you could get 10 women together and they would each have a unique routine.
Well, I’d like to see if that’s true. Tell me your nighttime skincare routine!
But of course, I’ll tell you mine, so read on.
1. Makeup Remover
First, I use a makeup remover to take off all the makeup on my eyes. This is my very first step, even before washing my face. I’ve found that cleansers that say they can take off makeup rarely do it well enough compared to dedicated makeup removers.
Here’s the two products I alternate between:
- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover. I love this stuff. It takes off makeup better than any product I’ve used. Plus, it doesn’t have a fragrance and it isn’t harsh. The downside is that it is primarily made of oil. Oily skinned girls need to avoid this! It leaves a slick oily residue wherever it touches my skin. I still love it, though.
- Luzier Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. Gentle is right. While it doesn’t work as well as the Clinique remover, it’s still really good. It doesn’t have a fragrance or an oily residue. It actually feels like water. I’ve gone through many bottles of this stuff.
Now it’s time to clean my face. I use this to clean my entire face and neck, including around the eyes to take care of any latent makeup that didn’t come off in the first step.
It’s important to rinse thoroughly since soap residue can dry out your skin and cause blemishes.
I use a few different brands, but I have a product that I use the most.
- L’Oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser. I mostly use this product because it’s easy. It has a pump so I just squirt some into my palm and start washing my face. It has a slight fragrance, which is annoying, but I still like it. It’s also good to keep in the shower if you like to wash your face there instead. That’s what I used to do.
As I mentioned recently, now that I live in Montana, my skin is a lot drier than it used to be. While I could get away with a light moisturizer before, not anymore. Sad!
Moisturizing is my last step. Since this is the nighttime skincare routine, and I’m going right to bed, it doesn’t really matter if the product leaves, lets say, an oily sheen.
Here’ what I use:
- Luzier Lumar Strong. This is for normal skin (they have versions for oily and dry, too). It’s thick and green and comes in a tub. I use just a little bit, maybe a dime’s worth, and warm it up in the palms of my hands. Then I massage it into the skin on my face and neck. This stuff is heavy duty, so a little goes a long way. I think it’s going to take me forever to get through this tub! Also, it leaves my skin feeling oily at night, but when I wake up in the morning, my skin is awesome.
What is your routine?
There you have it! You learned what I use at night to clean and prep my skin.
What about you? What products do you use? Do you vary your products like I do? Do you have more steps to your routine? Less? Let us know in the comments!
- Fabulous Over Forty » Blog Archive » Fabulous Beauty Web Tour
- Total Beauty Weekly Web Tour | Mineral Makeup Blog
- Total Beauty Weekend Reads « StyleBell Blog – Your Premier Hair Resource
- Total Beauty Web Tour 6-14-09 | Hot Beauty Health
- Beauty Around the Web: Total Beauty Web Tour Week of June 8, 2009 | Meilily
- Total Beauty Web Tour | The Beauty Blog
- Total Beauty Weekly Web Tour | Anti-Aging Skin Care Blog
- » Total Beauty Weekend Reads MyStyleBell