Autumn Leaves Makeup Tutorial
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but summer is over. Say goodbye to the hot weather and hello to the chilly breeze.
Although fall ushers in winter (booooo!), it does come with a really awesome color palette. Autumn’s all about rusty reds, deep browns and awesome metallic orange and gold. And that means all new makeup looks.
That’s why I created the Autumn Leaves makeup tutorial.
What You Need
Although I use very specific products for Autumn Leaves, you don’t need to follow the brands exactly. Just look for similar colors and you can create this look with just about anything. You’ll need…
- Mixing medium or other sticky pre-shadow medium to help you create a bold, foiled look. I used Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.
- 5 super shimmery eye shadow colors: light beige, orange, rusty red, black and white. I used these colors from my Lanmei 24 Color Eye Shadow Palette.
- Brown eyeliner, preferably in a self-retracting gel liner. I used the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Lionfish.
- Brown mascara, though dark brown is best. I used Almay Intense I-Color Volumizing Mascara in Raisin Quartz.
- Reddish brown lipstick or gloss. I used Luzier Lipstick in Merry Cherry as a base with MAC Lustreglass in Ornamental over it.
- Face makeup to complete the look. I used Pixi Wakeup Concealer in Cream under my eyes and L’Oreal Bare Naturale All-Over Mineral Glow in Rose Glow on my cheeks.
Autumn Leaves, Step by Step
Blend the rusty red eye shadow around the outer corner of the eye and up into the crease. Blend it upward from he crease to about a centimeter below your eyebrow. Apply it to the outer one-third of your lower lid.
Blend a dab of white shimmer shadow at the inside corner of the eye and sweep it lightly under the arch of your eyebrow for some highlight.
Darken the crease with a bit of black eye shadow for some depth.
Line all around your eyes with brown eyeliner. The line should be thicker near the outside corner of the eye, and super thin at the inner corner. To line the bottom, spread the brown liner on your water line.
Apply brown mascara to both the top and bottom lashes.
Apply your favorite brownish-red lip color.
Finish the look by cleaning up your face. Remove any fallout from the shadow and use powder or concealer as needed. I filled in my eyebrows, used concealer under my eyes, blotted out my skin with powder and warmed myself up with some blush.
Autumn Leaves in Action
What about you? I hope you’re enjoying the season-change!