Nutrisystem Nation Week 28 Results and My Plans for Halloween
28 weeks on Nutrisystem! For some reason, it doesn’t feel like that long. I swear, it’s like I blinked and had lost 60+ pounds.
I’d say that’s a pretty awesome way to feel about the weight loss. Better than the other way around!
Next week is Halloween. I’ve got plans on how to handle the candy-filled holiday.
My (Candy-Related) Plans for Halloween
I like Trick or Treating. I don’t have any kids to bring around to houses, asking for candy. Instead, I do it as an adult.
You heard me right: I Trick or Treat as an adult.
I walk up to houses in my costume (often with a friend—also an adult) and say “Trick or treat!” when the door is opened. You may be surprised to hear: I’ve never been turned away for being too old. People give me candy no problem.
Now, I ‘m pretty good at eating the resulting candy responsibly. A few years ago, I even lost some weight while whittling down my stash of Twizzlers, fruit-flavored Tootsie Rolls and fun-sized Snickers over the span of a few weeks.
But, this year, I just don’t feel like chancing it. I’ve been so good on Nutrisystem, I thought I’d take this year off from the mad dash of costume-clad candy.
That doesn’t mean I’m not going to treat myself though.
I’ve decided that this year, rather than an entire pillowcase full of candy, I’m going to the grocery store on Halloween to pick up one full-sized Baby Ruth candy bar.
And then I’m going to eat it.
No falling off the wagon for me. I’m going to treat myself, and then get right back to losing weight.
By planning it out like this, it’ll all go smoothly.
What do you think?
Weigh yourself already!
Oh, you’re here for the weigh-in, right? Better get to it, then.
Seeing as another 4 weeks has gone by, it’s time to take my body measurements.
I take my measurements every 4 weeks. Here are the changes from week 24 to now:
- Upper Arms: –0.5 inches (-3 inches total)
- Chest: –0.75 inches (-8 inches total)
- Waist: –2.25 inches (-6.75 inches total)
- Hips: –1.0 inches (-7.25 inches total)
- Thigh: –1.0 inches (-5 inches total)
That means I’ve lost 5.5 inches in the past 4 weeks, and 30 inches total in 28 weeks.
Check out how much I’ve lost on my thigh! 5 inches total on just one thigh. Yeah, that’s a big difference.
My weekly progress:
- Week 1: –6.4 pounds
- Week 2: –2.4 pounds (-8.8 total)
- Week 3: –3.8 pounds (-12.6 total)
- Week 4: –2.4 pounds (-15.0 total)
- Week 5: –3.0 pounds (-18.0 total)
- Week 6: –1.6 pounds (-19.6 total)
- Week 7: –3.4 pounds (-23.0 total)
- Week 8: –1.0 pounds (-24.0 total)
- Week 9: –2.6 pounds (-26.6 total)
- Week 10: –3.4 pounds (-30.0 total)
- Week 11: –0.6 pounds (-30.6 total)
- Week 12: –4.2 pounds (-34.8 total)
- Week 13: –1.0 pounds (-35.8 total)
- Week 14: –1.8 pounds (-37.6 total)
- Week 15: –3.0 pounds (-40.6 total)
- Week 16: –1.2 pounds (-41.8 total)
- Week 17: –2.8 pounds (-44.6 total)
- Week 18: +0.8 pounds (-43.8 total)
- Week 19: –2.6 pounds (-46.4 total)
- Week 20: –1.4 pounds (-47.8 total)
- Week 21: –1.6 pounds (-49.4 total)
- Week 22: –3.4 pounds (-52.8 total)
- Week 23: –2.6 pounds (-55.4 total)
- Week 24: –0.6 pounds (-56.0 total)
- Week 25: –1.8 pounds (-57.8 total)
- Week 26: –1.4 pounds (-59.2 total)
- Week 27: –2.2 pounds (-61.4 total)
- Week 28: –1.0 pound (-62.4 total)
Next week you get to meet the new Nutribear!
Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their program and support services free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program.
PS: Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting the Nutrisystem website.
Pumpkin photo credit: Bernt Sønvisen