Nutrisystem Nation Week 43 Results and New Food Reviews
I’ve been eating Nutrisystem for 43 weeks now. That’s a long time! And, although they have a lot of food to choose from, being on it for this long means I could very well get sick of it.
Luckily for me, they’ve added a bunch of new food to the plan recently. A few months ago I reviewed a few of the new Chef’s Table dinners. Today, I’m reviewing the rest, plus a few new breakfast items and the new shakes.
Mmmm, new food…
I’ve been tasting a lot of new stuff.
- Chocolate Frosted Donut: Oh man, this was so good. It was just the right amount of chocolate and the donut part was soft and yummy. I’m not usually a donut person, but this was great. I would eat so many more of these.
- Honey Wheat Bagel: I’m a big bagel fan. While I liked this bagel, it wasn’t as dense as I’m used to. The bagel was a bit bread-like. Still, it was nice to finally toast up a bagel and spread some fat free cream cheese on that bad boy (the cheese being a PowerFuel serving.)
Nutrisystem also added protein drinks to their meal system. You have them once a day. They suggest drinking them with breakfast, but I have mine as an afternoon snack. (In addition to the flavors I tried, they also have a Refreshing Coffee flavor. I’m caffeine-free, but I know that’s a favorite flavor for a lot of people.)
The protein drinks:
- Smooth Vanilla Protein Shake: I thought this one was going to be my favorite because I’m always a huge vanilla fan. But, in the beginning, it was actually my least favorite. It just didn’t seem all that flavorful. It’s grown on me though, and now I like all the flavors the same.
- Creamy Chocolate Protein Shake: The name has it right: this is really creamy. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this tasted more like a creamy, cold cocoa drink rather than something way too chocolaty. It was yummy.
- Sweet Strawberry Protein Shake: I expected this was going to be my least favorite flavor. I’ve never really been a fan of strawberry flavored stuff. I’d always avoid that one in Neapolitan ice cream. But…this was my favorite. Lovely and sweet and not super artificial tasting.
Finally, there are some Chef’s Table dinners that I had yet to try. This is what I thought:
- Chef’s Table Adobo Rubbed Pork: I liked the flavors in this dinner, and I especially liked that it came with chunks of sweet potato, but I was still kind of unimpressed overall. The portion was pretty small, especially the pork.
- Chef’s Table Arroz Con Pollo: I’m not normally a fan of rice, especially Mexican rice, but this chicken dish was awesome. It was a large portion of food with a satisfying flavor.
- Chef’s Table Butternut Squash Ravioli: Mmmmmmm. That’s my main reaction. I love ravioli, and I love butternut squash. The squash was flavored with what tasted like brown sugar and clove. I’d say the only downside was how watery the outer sauce was and the big wad of caramelized onions. Big portion, though!
- Chef’s Table Steak Tagliata: This is my favorite! It was so ridiculously delicious. The flavor of the sauce was great, the portion of steak, couscous and spinach was just right. I could eat this all the time.
As you can see, there is a lot of new food I’ve been eating. And, for the most part, it’s been awesome.
I’m here for the weigh-in.
Yeah, me too. Here’s what the scale said today:
I could feel bad about the small losses lately…but I just can’t muster up the disappointment. I mean…look how much I’ve lost overall. 77.2! There’s no way I can feel bad.
Here’s my progress from the beginning:
- Week 1: –6.4 pounds
- Week 2: –2.4 pounds (-8.8 total)
- Week 3: –3.8 pounds (-12.6 total)
- Week 4: –2.4 pounds (-15.0 total)
- Week 5: –3.0 pounds (-18.0 total)
- Week 6: –1.6 pounds (-19.6 total)
- Week 7: –3.4 pounds (-23.0 total)
- Week 8: –1.0 pounds (-24.0 total)
- Week 9: –2.6 pounds (-26.6 total)
- Week 10: –3.4 pounds (-30.0 total)
- Week 11: –0.6 pounds (-30.6 total)
- Week 12: –4.2 pounds (-34.8 total)
- Week 13: –1.0 pounds (-35.8 total)
- Week 14: –1.8 pounds (-37.6 total)
- Week 15: –3.0 pounds (-40.6 total)
- Week 16: –1.2 pounds (-41.8 total)
- Week 17: –2.8 pounds (-44.6 total)
- Week 18: +0.8 pounds (-43.8 total)
- Week 19: –2.6 pounds (-46.4 total)
- Week 20: –1.4 pounds (-47.8 total)
- Week 21: –1.6 pounds (-49.4 total)
- Week 22: –3.4 pounds (-52.8 total)
- Week 23: –2.6 pounds (-55.4 total)
- Week 24: –0.6 pounds (-56.0 total)
- Week 25: –1.8 pounds (-57.8 total)
- Week 26: –1.4 pounds (-59.2 total)
- Week 27: –2.2 pounds (-61.4 total)
- Week 28: –1.0 pound (-62.4 total)
- Week 29: –1.6 pounds (-64.0 total)
- Week 30: –2.6 pounds (-66.6 total)
- Week 31: –0.6 pounds (-67.2 total)
- Week 32: –0 pounds (-67.2 total)
- Week 33: –2.2 pounds (-69.4 total)
- Week 34: +1.0 pounds (-68.4 total)
- Week 35: –3.0 pounds (-71.4 total)
- Week 36: –1.0 pounds (-72.4 total)
- Week 37: +2.6 pounds (-69.8 total)
- Week 38: –1.4 pounds (-71.2 total)
- Week 39: –3.4 pounds (-74.6 total)
- Week 40: –0.2 pounds (-74.8 total)
- Week 41: –1.4 pounds (-76.2 total)
- Week 42: –0.4 pounds (-76.6 total)
- Week 43: –0.6 pounds (-77.2 total)
Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their program and support services free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program.
PS: Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting the Nutrisystem website.