Nutrisystem Nation Week 48 Results and the Great Fruit Snack Experiment
48 weeks. That means I’ve been on Nutrisystem for 11 months. I repeat, 11 months! I only have 4 weeks to go until I hit my one-year Nutriversary (I just made that word up, but I like it.)
Before I get to the weigh-in and my monthly body measurements, I wanted to tell you about a little experiment I did this week.
The Great Fruit Snack Experiment
Before I get to the experiment, I have to tell you why I was fat: I like to eat. And eat. And eat some more.
I guess you could call it a food addiction. I would just overdo it.
One of the biggest things I overate was fruit snacks. Specifically the Betty Crocker trio of Fruit Roll-Ups, Fruit by the Foot and Gushers. I love them. Love them.
Now, fruits snacks aren’t really bad. One Fruit Roll-Up is only 50 calories. Its main ingredient is pear concentrate and it has 10% vitamin C. Not bad at all.
But when I used to eat fruit snacks, well…I would eat the entire box in one sitting. And maybe another whole box for good measure. That undoes all of the good stuff about it, when you eat it all in bulk.
The experiment: get a box of fruit snacks and eat it responsibly.
I spotted a box of 4 Fruit Roll-Ups for $1 at Walgreens.
“A responsible eater would be able to have one per day no problem. After all, they aren’t bad for you. So…I’m going to see if I can eat these responsibly.”
I traded a dollar for the box and brought it home with the intention of eating one with lunch each day, starting the next day.
The next day I opened my cupboard to grab my lunch, and saw the box of Fruit Roll-Ups. It dawned on me: I totally forgot about the experiment!
Rather than sitting around my apartment thinking about the box of fruit snacks burning a hole in my cupboard, I completely forgot that they were even there. In fact, that was the case for all four days of the experiment. I kept forgetting about it. On the second day, I even forgot it completely and ate the fruit snack at dinner instead.
Conclusion: I can trust myself with fruit snacks again.
Granted, I will always have to keep an eye on myself, but now I’m confident that I can handle eating better once I’m off Nutrisystem and out on my own.
The old Trisha would have never been able to take 5 days to eat 4 Fruit Roll-Ups. The experiment was a success!
Let’s weigh in already.
Gosh, you’re so demanding. Here’s what the scale said this morning:
I did the math. That means I’ve lost an average of 1.73 pounds per week. Considering that a healthy weight loss is between 1 and 2 pounds a week, I’m right on target.
And I feel awesome.
It’s body measurement time!
I measure key areas of my body every 4 weeks. Here are the changes from week 44 to now:
- Upper arm: –0.5 inches (-4.5 inches total)
- Chest: No change (-10.75 inches total)
- Waist: –0.75 inches (-10 inches total)
- Hips: –1.75 inches (-12 inches total)
- Thigh: –0.75 inches (-6.25 inches total)
That means I’ve lost 3.75 inches in the last 4 weeks, and 43.5 inches total in 48 weeks.
I’ve lost 10 inches total on my waist…these are such big numbers I can’t even really comprehend it all. Wow.
Here’s my progress from the beginning:
- Week 1: –6.4 pounds
- Week 2: –2.4 pounds (-8.8 total)
- Week 3: –3.8 pounds (-12.6 total)
- Week 4: –2.4 pounds (-15.0 total)
- Week 5: –3.0 pounds (-18.0 total)
- Week 6: –1.6 pounds (-19.6 total)
- Week 7: –3.4 pounds (-23.0 total)
- Week 8: –1.0 pounds (-24.0 total)
- Week 9: –2.6 pounds (-26.6 total)
- Week 10: –3.4 pounds (-30.0 total)
- Week 11: –0.6 pounds (-30.6 total)
- Week 12: –4.2 pounds (-34.8 total)
- Week 13: –1.0 pounds (-35.8 total)
- Week 14: –1.8 pounds (-37.6 total)
- Week 15: –3.0 pounds (-40.6 total)
- Week 16: –1.2 pounds (-41.8 total)
- Week 17: –2.8 pounds (-44.6 total)
- Week 18: +0.8 pounds (-43.8 total)
- Week 19: –2.6 pounds (-46.4 total)
- Week 20: –1.4 pounds (-47.8 total)
- Week 21: –1.6 pounds (-49.4 total)
- Week 22: –3.4 pounds (-52.8 total)
- Week 23: –2.6 pounds (-55.4 total)
- Week 24: –0.6 pounds (-56.0 total)
- Week 25: –1.8 pounds (-57.8 total)
- Week 26: –1.4 pounds (-59.2 total)
- Week 27: –2.2 pounds (-61.4 total)
- Week 28: –1.0 pound (-62.4 total)
- Week 29: –1.6 pounds (-64.0 total)
- Week 30: –2.6 pounds (-66.6 total)
- Week 31: –0.6 pounds (-67.2 total)
- Week 32: –0 pounds (-67.2 total)
- Week 33: –2.2 pounds (-69.4 total)
- Week 34: +1.0 pounds (-68.4 total)
- Week 35: –3.0 pounds (-71.4 total)
- Week 36: –1.0 pounds (-72.4 total)
- Week 37: +2.6 pounds (-69.8 total)
- Week 38: –1.4 pounds (-71.2 total)
- Week 39: –3.4 pounds (-74.6 total)
- Week 40: –0.2 pounds (-74.8 total)
- Week 41: –1.4 pounds (-76.2 total)
- Week 42: –0.4 pounds (-76.6 total)
- Week 43: –0.6 pounds (-77.2 total)
- Week 44: –0.8 pounds (-78.0 total)
- Week 45: –0.8 pounds (-78.8 total)
- Week 46: –0.6 pounds (-79.4 total)
- Week 47: –2.4 pounds (-81.8 total)
- Week 48: –1.4 pounds (-83.2 total)
Man…this last 11 months have been awesome.
Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing their program and support services free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program.
PS: Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting the Nutrisystem website.