NOTD: Christmas Present Nail Art
For those of you that celebrate the holiday, you may have already opened your presents. What did Santa bring you?
Santa has yet to visit me, but, while I wait, I thought I’d give myself some Christmas presents. How? With Christmas present nail art!
I used a bunch of different colors and techniques for today’s Nails of the Day. In fact, I think this is my most elaborate manicure yet.
I used these nail polishes for today’s look:
- Base and top coat: Essie 3-Way Glaze
- Green: Essie Nail Polish in Pretty Edgy
- Red: Wet N Wild Megalast Nail Polish in I Red a Good Book
- Silver: butter LONDON Nail Polish in Bobby Dazzler
- White: Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Snow Me White
Want to know how I did it? Then read on!
How to Create Christmas Present Nail Art
- Start with a clear base coat.
- Paint each nail a solid color. I alternated silver, green and red.
- Paint the tips white. However, make the line straight, unlike the curved line you’d do for a French manicure.
- With a different color than the base nail color, paint crossing lines on the Christmas present. (I used the Essence Nail Art Duo Stylist to help create crisp lines of polish.)
- Paint on a little bow at the top of the present on the white part of the nail.
- Admire your handiwork!
Be sure to let things dry a bit between each step.
Voila! Holiday nail art!
What do you think of my Christmas present nail art? Think you’ll give it a try? Let’s chat about it in the comments!
Merry Christmas, Filers!