DIY Nail Art: Metallic Nails with Neon Stripes
I’ve been really into nail art lately. Remember the Christmas present nail art NOTD I did a few weeks ago? Well, I thought I’d take things to the next level for today’s DIY nail art: metallic nails with neon stripes!
This manicure has a nice metallic chrome finish with criss-crossing lines of neon polish. Very pretty!
Instead of just showing you my manicure, I thought I’d also show you exactly how to do it. Yay! Want to do this, too? Then read on!
What You’ll Need
For this look, you’ll want five neon shades (I used blue, green, pink, orange and yellow), a metallic silver or chrome nail polish and a base/top coat. Also, to make the stripes, you’ll need really thin nail tape. This is what I used:
- Base/top coat: Essie 3-Way Glaze
- Blue: Essie Nail Polish in Avenue Maintain
- Green: POP Beauty Nail Glam in Radioactive
- Pink: Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in I Kissed a Girl
- Orange: Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Hollaback Girl
- Yellow: butter LONDON Nail Polish in Pimms
- Metallic chrome: butter LONDON Nail Polish in Bobby Dazzler
- Nail tape from the Kiss Disney Villains Nail Art Kit
(You can find thin nail art tape all over Amazon.)
If you have everything you need, then we’re ready to start!
DIY Nail Art: How to Get Metallic Nails with Neon Stripes
First, as always, you want a clear base coat.
These nails don’t have to look great since you’ll be covering up most of it with the metallic polish. For most nails, I used only one coat.
Make sure that your nails are completely dry before moving on. This is important!
Since you’ll be peeling this tape off your nails, make sure that a bit hangs over your nail. This’ll make it easier to peel it off later.
Let this dry only partially—about one or two minutes—before moving on.
You’re done! All that’s left is a clear top coat.
Have you done this manicure? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments!