NOTD: American Flag Nail Art for Memorial Day
It’s Memorial Day, Americans!
Today’s the day that we honor our fallen, spend time with family and friends, and have a barbecue.
It’s also the unofficial start to summer!
So, you know me. If there’s some type of holiday or occasion, I like to do my nails to match. Since today’s holiday is such a patriotic one, I thought…why not do some American flag nail art?!
Here’s what I came up with:
The American flag is separated into two parts: white stars on a field of blue, and red and white stripes. So, I sectioned things off. Two fingers would be blue with white stars, and three would be white with red stripes.
- Painted three nails (per hand) white with Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Snow Me White.
- Painted two nails (per hand) blue with Essie Nail Polish in Avenue Maintain.
- Used a star stencil from the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Tool Kit, and used the white nail polish to create a star on each blue nail.
- Used the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pens in Red to draw stripes on the white nails.
- Covered everything in a clear top coat.
What do you think of my American flag nail art?
Frankly, I’m super happy with it. I keep staring at it, and that’s always a good sign that you did a good job, right?
What are you doing for the holiday?
Doing anything special? I’m going to a barbecue!
And if you’re international, will it just be business as usual, today?
Let’s chat about it in the comments!